Ride Start Locations I’m Proposing
This past Fall and into the winter I’ve been designing various perm routes. Currently I have gotten 11 of them approved by RUSA, and I have one in the bin awaiting approval. There is a 400k and a 300k waiting to be submitted. And there are another 15 100k routes I’ve designed that depart from Princeton that will eventually be submitted. However, I started designing routes so I could beef up the route offerings for Pennsylvania Randonneurs. And the time has come to actually start creating some routes over in Pennsylvania.
The main reason I haven’t already created a number of Pennsylvania routes is I hadn’t done the research necessary to determine the ideal ride start locations. A few weeks ago I did the research. And I came up with four general start locations: Ronks, Scranton, Allentown, and Reading. Ronks is basically a suburb of Lancaster. And Scranton is really two locations: Scranton & Wilkes-Barre. Click on the following links to see the motels I identified at these four locations.
I still want to do a little more research to see what campgrounds are situated close to these towns.
I might use one or more of the following for the start controle for Ronks routes?
- Speedway Mart. 5 Hartman Bridge Road, Lancaster PA 17602. (717) 295-0638. Open 24/7.
- Wawa. 2126-2132 E Lincoln Highway, Lancaster PA 17602. (717) 481-5240. Open 24/7.
- Rutter’s 450 Historic Drive, Ronks PA 17572. (717) 288-3971. Open 24/7.
- Turkey Hill MM. 2000 Lincoln Highway, Lancaster PA 17602. (717) 295-5522. Open 24/7.
- Turkey Hill MM. 2787 E Lincoln Highway, Ronks PA 17572. (717) 687-3965. Open 24/7.
- Walmart Supercenter. 2034 E Lincoln Highway, Lancaster PA 17602. (717) 390-1738. Open 24/7.